Things have changed, and in most families, washing machine have become a necessity. Based on your home size and the budget size, the requirements might vary. We researched on multiple forums and e-commerce sites, talked to 15 families. You probably are confused on which to buy – top load or front load, semi-automatic or fully automatic, etc. Based on all these, we recommend you the best washing machines available in Indian market.
In case you are in a hurry, check out our best pick –
Bosch WAK20166IN 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading
POINTS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER!
You probably would be looking for a stylish-modern design and a price worthy washing machine. Apart from them, what else factors you should be considering. We will help you to decide the best washing machines in India based on various points. We have scanned over 40+ models available washing machines available in Indian market as of August 2018.
Keep reading !!!
- Cleaning Performance – In advertisements, you might have seen the stains on clothes vanishing in few seconds. However, the reality is that only few washing machines in the current market are capable of removing hard stains. Modern devices give you lot of multiple options and hence these are often capable of giving you a solid cleaning performance.
- Handling of Fabrics – Most front loaders handle your textiles gently while most top loaders handle them roughly. So if you are planning to buy a top loading machine, make sure they are not rough on fabrics among the peers in the same category.
- Brand – You are investing quite a lump sum money on this. So, the best bet would be to go with a reliable brand like LG, IFB and Haier. Check the track record of the brands when it comes to service. Before buying, check if the brand have got good number of service outlets is your area.
- Power Consumption – The olden days washing machines used to drain the power so much. The modern washers have improved in this aspect, but most are yet to do a drastic reduction in terms of power usage.
- Water Consumption – Most of the people living in cities pay for water. Unlike in the past, water is not something that is available in abundance. Most of the top loading washing machines are quite notorious for using huge gallons of water. So while before buying, see the specifications and understand how many water is required for medium and full loads.
- Capacity – Before buying, just do basic requirement analysis. Determine how frequent you will wash and how much will be the average load. Of course, it depends on the number of family members and the number of clothes you wear daily.
Best Washing Machine Brands in India
- LG – LG have been a pioneer when it comes to electronic appliances. LG was awarded the India’s Most Trusted Brand 2018. The new washers from them employs LG steam technology.
- SAMSUNG – Samsung is known for their innovations. They provide a great service and customer care relatively. Few mention-able innovations from them are adding missed out clothes during wash and automatic error detecting system.
- IFB – Till recently, IFB’s focus was on the higher priced washing machines. Now, they too have come up with quite budget friendly washers. They are known to provide good service, however the service outlets are still few in most places with the exception of metropolitan cities.
- Whirpool – In the past, Whirpool were ruling when it comes to washing machines. They still manage to hold a good amount of shares in the sales every year.
- Bosch – Bosch mainly caters the economical tier and we must agree they are doing a great role in it. The products have been supreme and their customer base have been highly satisfied with their service too.
- Haier – The main focus of Haier have been in the budget friendly tier in Indian market. They have quite good service record.
Which one you should choose – Front Loading Washing Machine or Top Loading Washing Machine?
The below infographic will help you understand the pros and cons of top and front loading washing machines in a glance. In nutshell, front loading machines are often large in size, expensive and handle fabrics gently. Whilst the top loaded washing machines are cheaper, small in size and less efficient comparatively.
The wait is over, see our best picks below.
Let us see the best washing machines based on our research. Please note all of these are automatic and we don’t consider the semi-automatic or manual washing machines for the reviews.
We will be soon writing a separate post for them. If you are interested, please keep on visiting our page about ‘Home/Kitchen’ appliances
Apart from this, if you are really looking for a cheap and small option, our pick is Haier 5.8kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing machine. Let’s see the details.
OUR BUDGET FRIENDLY pick for small families and bachelors
OUR BUDGET FRIENDLY PICK FOR QUITE BIG FAMILY
Hope we helped you in finding the right washing machine for you based on your requirements. Let us know if this post on best washing machines helped you out. Also, kindly comment down your queries or doubts regarding this and we surely will glad to help you out.